Previous: A-58: Five Military Aspects of Weather
A-59. The leader identifies critical conclusions about visibility factors such as light data, fog, and smog; and about battlefield obscurants such as smoke and dust. He considers light data and identifies critical conclusions about BMNT, sunrise, sunset, EENT, moonrise, moonset, and percentage of illumination. Some additional visibility considerations include:
- Will the sun rise behind my attack or in my eyes? Will I attack toward the sunrise?
- How can I take advantage of the limited illumination?
- How will this affect friendly and enemy target acquisition?
- Will the current weather favor the use of smoke to obscure during breaching?
- When are night vision devices effective?
Next: A-60: Winds