Previous: B-90: Sector Sketches
B-91. The squad leaders and section leaders make two copies of their sector sketches; one copy goes to the platoon leader, the other remains at the position. The squad leaders and section leaders draw sector sketches (see figure B-10, page B-30) as close to scale as possible, showing—
- Main terrain features in the area of operation and the range to each.
- Each primary position.
- Engagement area or primary and secondary sectors of fire covering each position.
- M240B machine gun final protective line or principle direction of fire.
- M249 SAW final protective lines or principle direction of fires.
- Type of weapon in each position.
- Reference points and TRPs in the area of operation.
- Observation post locations.
- Dead space.
- Maximum engagement lines for all BFV weapon systems.
- Maximum engagement lines for Javelin (if applicable) and AT4s.
- Indirect fire targets.
Next: B-92: Platoon Sector Sketch
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad