Previous: D-107: Occupation of the Assembly Area
D-109. Following occupation of the AA, the platoon prepares for future operations by conducting TLP and priorities of work according to the company OPORD. These preparations include the following:
- Establish and maintain security (at the appropriate readiness level).
- Develop a defensive fire plan and forward to higher headquarters via Mission Command Systems if equipped.
- Conduct dismounted security patrols to clear dead space and restrictive terrain.
- Conduct troop leading procedures.
- Conduct precombat checks and a precombat inspection based on time available.
- Perform maintenance on vehicles and communications equipment.
- Verify weapons system status, conduct boresight adjustment, prepare-to-fire checks, test-firing, and other necessary preparations.
Note. The Infantry platoon and squad usually coordinates test-firing with its higher headquarters.
- Conduct resupply, refueling and rearming operations.
- Conduct rehearsals and other training for upcoming operations.
- Conduct personal care and hygiene activities.
- Adjust task organization as necessary.
- Account for Infantry platoon and squad personnel, to include attachments and sensitive items.
- Reestablish vehicle load plans as needed.