Previous: E-6: Firepower
E-7. The following are ways combat vehicles protect an Infantry platoon or squads during combat operations:
- Dominate the objective during consolidation and reorganization to defeat a counterattack and protect Infantry forces.
- Protect the movement of advancing Infantry through open terrain with limited cover and concealment.
- Secure cleared portions of the objective by covering avenues of approach.
- Establish roadblocks or checkpoints.
- Provide limited obscuration with smoke grenades and smoke generators.
- Isolate objectives with direct fire to prevent enemy withdrawal, reinforcement, or counterattack.