G-65. The M136A1 AT4CS is the only SLM proven safe for firing from enclosures; however, enclosures must meet the following specifications. (See figure G-31, page G-42.)
- The inside area must be a minimum of 12 feet wide and 15 feet long (about 3.5 meters wide and 4.5 meters long).
- The ceiling must be a minimum of seven feet (2.1 meters) high.
- The window opening must be a minimum of 36 inches wide and 36 inches long (one meter wide and one meter long).
- The door opening must be a minimum of 36 inches wide and 72 inches long (one meter wide and two meters long).
- The structure should be of significant construction to withstand the munitions back blast.
G-66. The following requirements must be followed when firing indoors:
- Fire in the standing position only.
- Cover or protect all equipment (example, small arms, radio set) in the room.
- Remove any loose objects which might be thrown when firing from directly behind the launcher.
- Keep stuffed furniture (example mattresses, cushions, pillows), to absorb pressure.
- Hang a blanket 1.5 to two meters behind the launcher and 15 to 30 centimeters from the rear wall. This considerably reduces sound pressure.
- Open all windows and doors in room.
- Do not allow the angle of the launcher to exceed 20 degrees of depression from the horizontal plane. Do not fire the munitions at any angle of elevation. (See figure G-32.) Do not allow the angle of the launcher to exceed 45 degrees left or right of the vertical plane.
- Wear combat arms earplugs.
- Fire the munitions no more than 10 centimeters (four inches) from a door or window frame. (See figure G-32.)