View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 1-64: Machine Gunner
1-65. The assistant gunner is the second member of the gun team. He is prepared to assume the gunner’s role in any situation. During operations, the assistant gunner—
- Provides a supply of ammunition to the gun when employed.
- Spots rounds and reports recommended corrections to the gunner.
- Constantly updates the weapons squad leader on the round count and serviceability of the medium machine gun.
- Watches for Soldiers to the flanks of the target area or between the gun and target.
- Obtains ammunition from other Soldiers who are carrying 7.62-mm machine gun ammunition.
- Immediately assumes the role of gunner if the gunner is unable to continue his duties.
- Understands the mission two levels up (squad and platoon).
Next: 1-66: Combat Lifesaver