Previous: 1-70: Platoon Medic
1-73. The following lists capabilities of the Infantry rifle platoon and squad:
- Conduct offensive and defensive tasks in all types of environments, day and night.
- Seize, secure, occupy, and retain terrain.
- Destroy, neutralize, suppress, interdict, disrupt, block, canalize, and fix enemy forces.
- Breach enemy obstacles.
- Feint and demonstrate to deceive the enemy.
- Screen friendly units.
- Reconnoiter, deny, bypass, clear, contain, and isolate. These tasks might be oriented on both terrain and enemy.
- Conduct small-unit operations.
- Participate in air assault operations.
- Participate in airborne operations (airborne only).
- Operate in conjunction with mounted forces.
- Operate in conjunction with special operations forces.
- Participate in amphibious operations.
Next: 1-74: Limitations
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad