Previous: 1-151: Characteristics
1-152. The RWS M151E1 is capable of mounting either the M2HB .50-caliber machine gun or the MK19 40-mm grenade machine gun. Because of stabilization, the machine guns have different maximum effective ranges than when ground mounted.
M2HB .50-Caliber Machine Gun: 1 ea.
- Maximum range (approx): 5000 meters.
- Maximum effective range (approx): 2000 meters.
- Cyclic rage of fire: 450-550 rounds/min.
MK19 40-mm Grenade Machine Gun: 1 ea.
- Maximum range: 2200 meters.
- Maximum effective range: 1500 meters.
- Cyclic rate of fire: 325-375 rounds/min.
Note. The MK19 40-mm grenade machine gun’s range is reduced when used on a Stryker RWS compared to ground mounting due to limitations imposed by the maximum range of movement of the Sight Servo Assembly in relation to the weapon station platform’s elevation angle.
M6 Smoke Grenade Launchers
- M6 smoke grenade launchers. Each with four smoke grenade tubes.
- Total of smoke grenade tubes: 16 ea.
- Detonating Range: 32.8 yards (30 m).
- Obscuration clouds: 6.6 to 7.7 yards (6 to 7 m) high.
- Covering arc: 6o 45” (120 mils) per launcher.
Next: 1-153: Employment Considerations
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad