View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 3-84: Platoon Leader
3-85. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Establishing the platoon command post and ensures wire communications link the platoon, squads, and attached elements, if applicable.
- Establishing casualty collection points, platoon logistics release points, and detainee collection points, and locating company level points.
- Briefing squad leaders on the platoon command post location, logistics plan, and routes between positions.
- Assisting the platoon leader with the sector of fire and area of operations sketch.
- Requesting and allocating pioneer tools, barrier materiel, rations, water, and ammunition.
- Walking the positions with the platoon leader. Supervising emplacement of squads, essential weapons, check range cards, and area of operations sketches.
- Establishing routine security or alert plans, radio watch, and rest plans and briefing the platoon leader.
- Supervising continuously and assisting the platoon leader with other duties as assigned.
- Selecting slit trench location and ensuring it is properly marked.
Next: 3-86: Squad Leaders
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad