View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 3-85: Platoon Sergeant
3-86. The squad leader—
- Emplaces local security.
- Confirms positioning and assigned sectors of fire for his squad.
- Confirms positioning and assigned sectors of fire for the CCMS and medium machine gun teams.
- Positions and assigns sectors of fire for automatic rifleman, grenadiers, and riflemen.
- Establishes command post and wire communications.
- Confirms designate FPL and final protective fires.
- Clears fields of fire and prepares range cards.
- Prepares squad range card and area of operations sketches.
- Digs fighting positions.
- Establishes communication and coordination within the platoon, and adjacent units.
- Coordinates with adjacent units. Reviews sector of fire and area of operations sketches.
- Emplaces antitank and Claymores, then wire and other obstacles.
- Marks or improves marking for target reference points and other fire control measures.
- Improves primary fighting positions and adds overhead cover (stage 2).
- Prepares supplementary and alternate positions (same procedure as the primary position).
- Establishes sleep and rest plans.
- Distributes and stockpiles ammunition, food, and water.
- Digs trenches to connect positions.
- Continues to improve positions, construct revetments, replace camouflage, and add to overhead cover.
Next: 3-87: Forward Observer
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad