View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 3-87: Forward Observer
3-88. The ultimate goal of adjacent unit coordination is to ensure unity of effort in accomplishment of the Infantry mission. Items adjacent units coordinate include—
- Unit positions, including locations of vital leaders’ call signs and frequencies.
- Locations of observation posts and patrols.
- Overlapping fires (to ensure direct fire responsibility is clearly defined).
- Target reference points).
- Alternate, supplementary, and subsequent battle positions.
- Indirect fire information.
- Obstacles (location and type).
- Air defense considerations, if applicable.
- Routes to be used during occupation and repositioning.
- Sustainment considerations.
Next: 3-89: Coordination
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad