3-174. Procedures and considerations in determining the enemy’s scheme of maneuver (see figure 3-20) include:
- Determining how the enemy will structure the attack.
- Determining how the enemy will use his reconnaissance assets. Will he attempt to infiltrate friendly positions?
- Determining where and when the enemy will change formations and establish support-by-fire positions.
- Determining where, when, and how the enemy will conduct his assault or breaching operations.
- Determining where and when he will commit follow-on forces.
- Determining the enemy’s expected rates of movement.
- Assessing the effects of his combat multipliers and anticipated locations/areas of employment.
- Determining what reactions the enemy is likely to have in response to projected friendly actions.