View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 3-174: Determine the Enemy Scheme of Maneuver
3-175. The following steps apply in identifying and marking where the enemy
engagement (see figure 3-21, page 3-58) is to occur:
- Identify target registration points matching the enemy’s scheme of maneuver allowing the Infantry platoon and squad to identify where it will engage enemy forces through the depth of the area of operations.
- Identify and record the exact location of each target registration point.
- In marking target registration points, use thermal sights to ensure visibility at the appropriate range under varying conditions, including daylight and limited visibility (darkness, smoke, dust, or other obscurants).
- Determine how many weapon systems will focus fires on each target registration point to achieve the desired end state.
- Determine which element will mass fires on each target registration point.
- Establish engagement areas around target registration points.
- Develop the direct fire planning measures necessary to focus fires at each target registration point.
Next: 3-176: Plan and Integrate Obstacles
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad