Previous: Section VI: Transitions
3-182. Small unit leaders plan and prepare for consolidation during TLP. The following actions are usually a part of consolidation:
- Eliminate enemy resistance on the objective.
- Establish security beyond the objective by securing areas that may be the source of enemy direct fires or enemy artillery observation.
- Establish additional security measures such as observation posts and patrols.
- Prepare for and assist the passage of follow-on forces, if required.
- Continue to improve security by conducting other necessary defensive actions. These defensive actions include engagement area development, direct fire planning, and battle position preparation.
- Adjust final protective fires and register targets along likely mounted and dismounted avenues of approach.
- Protect the obstacle reduction effort.
- Secure detainees.
- Prepare for enemy counterattack.
Next: 3-183: Reorganization