View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 5-57: Determine Location
5-58. All Infantry Soldiers, particularly leaders, must be experts in land navigation. Important navigation tasks common to all include:
- Locating a point using grid coordinates. Using a compass (day/night).
- Determining location using resection, intersection, or modified resection.
- Interpreting terrain features.
- Measuring distance and elevation.
- Employing Mission Command Systems.
Next: 5-59: Compass Man
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad