View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 5-152: Movement During Limited Visibility
5-153. When visibility is poor, the following methods aid in control—
- Use of night vision devices.
- Infrared chemical lights.
- Leaders move closer to the front.
- The platoon reduces speed.
- Soldiers use two small strips of luminous tape on the rear of their helmet, allowing Soldiers behind them to see them from the rear.
- Leaders reduce the interval between Soldiers and units to make sure they can see each other.
- Leaders conduct headcounts at regular intervals and after each halt to ensure personnel accountability.
Next: 5-154: Navigation
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad