View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 5-154: Navigation
5-155. For stealth and security in night moves, squads and platoons—
- Designate a point man to maintain alertness, the lead team leader to navigate, and a pace man to count the distance traveled. Alternate compass and pace men are designated.
- Ensure good noise and light discipline.
- Use radio-listening silence.
- Camouflage Soldiers and equipment.
- Use terrain to avoid detection by enemy surveillance or night vision devices.
- Make frequent listening halts.
- Mask the sounds of movement with artillery fires.
Next: Chapter 6: Patrols and Patrolling
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad