View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 5-106: Phase 2 – Coordination
5-107. All units or elements involved in the linkup enforce strict fire control measures to help prevent fratricide and friendly fire. Moving or converging forces must easily recognize linkup points and RFL. Linkup elements take the following actions:
- Conduct far recognition using radios or Mission Command Systems, if equipped.
- Conduct short-range (near) recognition using the designated signal.
- Complete movement to the linkup point.
- Establish local security at the linkup point.
- Conduct additional coordination and linkup activities, as necessary.
Next: Section VII: Movement with Combat Vehicles
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad