View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 6-40: Site Selection
6-41. Leaders planning for a patrol base must consider the mission, passive and active security measures. A patrol base must be located so it allows the unit to accomplish its mission:
- Observation posts and communication with observation posts.
- Patrol or platoon fire plan.
- Alert plan.
- Withdrawal plan from the patrol base to include withdrawal routes and a rally point, rendezvous point, or alternate patrol base.
- A security system that makes sure specific individuals are awake at all times.
- Enforcement of camouflage, noise, and light discipline.
- The conduct of required activities with minimum movement and noise.
- Priorities of work.
Next: 6-42: Security Measures
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad