View the complete version here: www.amazon.com/dp/1533408491
Previous: 6-175: Control Measures
6-176. Leaders use the seven fundamentals of reconnaissance to organize their patrols into two forces: a reconnaissance element, and a security element. The seven fundamentals are—
- Ensure continuous reconnaissance.
- Do not keep reconnaissance assets in reserve.
- Orient on the reconnaissance objective.
- Report information rapidly and accurately.
- Retain freedom of maneuver.
- Gain and maintain enemy contact.
- Develop the situation rapidly.
Next: 6-177: Reconnaissance Elements
Go Back To: U.S. Army FM 3-21.8: The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad