Previous: 6-208: Conduct
6-212. Control measures for a route reconnaissance create an area of operation for the unit conducting the reconnaissance. (Refer to ATP 3-20.98 for more information.) The leader should submit the patrol report in an overlay format including:
- Two grid references (required).
- Magnetic north arrow (required).
- Route drawn to scale (required).
- Title block (required).
- Route classification formula (required).
- Road curves with a radius of less than 45 degrees.
- Steep grades and maximum gradients.
- Road width of constrictions such as bridges and tunnels, with the widths and lengths of the traveled ways (in meters).
- Underpass limitations with limiting heights and widths.
- Bridge bypasses classified as easy, hard, or impossible.
- Civil or military road numbers or other designations.
- Locations of fords, ferries, and tunnels with limiting information.
- Causeways, snow sheds, or galleries if they are in the way. Data about clearance and load-carrying capacity should be included to permit an evaluation to decide whether to strengthen or remove them.